Car Air Conditioning
Professional Car Air Conditioning Installation and Service
Over time the components that make up a car’s air conditioner can lose efficiency which is why we recommend a yearly re-gas. As our name suggests, we are experts in air conditioning repairs for all makes and models. Our licenced team can re-gas air conditioning units as well as repairing or replacing any worn or damaged components to keep you cool through the warmer months.
What Does Re-Gassing Involve?
Re-gassing involves the evacuating of the refrigerant gas from your air conditioning, testing for leakages, then refilling and pressurising the system. The service itself should only take a couple of hours but our team will be able to provide you with a more accurate estimate upon booking.
What Are The Signs Your Car Air Conditioning Needs Servicing?
Here are some of the signs that your car’s air conditioning system might need re-gassing:
- Air is Not as Cold as It Used To Be: The air coming from your air conditioner vents not being as cold as it used to be is the most tell tale sign that the air conditioner needs to be re-gassed.
- Overworking on Hot Days: You may start to notice that on really hot days your car struggles to bring the temperature of the car down.
- Bad Odours: If the air conditioner is emitting a musty smell then this is a sign of moisture and dirt build up collected in the refrigerant gas.
- Unusual Noises: Noises like banging, rattling or grinding noises coming from your air conditioner is also a sign of a car’s air conditioning needing to be re-gassed.
How Much Does a Car Air Conditioning Re-Gas Cost?
The cost will depend on the make and model of your car. Our team will be able to provide you with a more accurate cost upon booking. We have regular Air conditioning Re-gas Specials during Spring and Summer. Please keep a look out on our page for these specials.
How To Maintain Your Car’s Air Conditioner
Regular maintenance of your car’s air conditioner between re-gasses will ensure the best results from the system for the longest possible time. To ensure that you get the most out of your car’s air conditioning system without any undue wear and tear, we strongly recommend the following:
- Run the air conditioning at least once a week. This will help to maintain the refrigerant gas pressure meaning that it will be ready all year long no matter the weather.
- Always keep your windows closed when the air conditioner is on. Having the windows open means all the cool air created by the aircon is being lost and therefore the fuel needed to power the unit is being wasted.
- Have your system professionally serviced at least every two years. We recommend seeing a licenced and experienced professional to protect not only your car but also yours and the people who travel in your car’s health.